Closing the Loop Competition
Are you willing to make your mark as a sustainable change agent for your school?
Just as we are starting on our sustainability journey as individuals, there is still more that can be done around us. We spend most of our time in school and university and we do tend to create a lot of waste. How can we turn waste into something completely new, purposeful and exciting?
Join our upcycling competition ‘Close the Loop’ to share with us your ideas on turning your trash to *gold*. Shortlisted programmes stand a chance to be part of Mereka’s Digital Entrepreneur Programme!
Our panel of judges, made up of leading environmental experts, will be assessing project entries based on creativity, project impact, outcome and outreach and efficient use of resources. The chosen winners will be announced at the finale event in Kuala Lumpur!
Who can enter
- Contestants must be legal residents within Malaysia.
- Contestants must be 13 years of age, or older, to enter.
- Submissions can be submitted via individual or as a group
- Submissions can be in written in English or Bahasa Malaysia
How to Enter
Entries will only be accepted online from Wednesday 15th of June 2022.
To enter, complete the online entry form at the bottom of the page and select a category:
- School/University/College/Community/Club participation
Description where applicable
- Mission Statement & Philosophy
- Criteria – how will this impact community & environment
- Type of waste (source) and reason
- Product/Concept sketch
- Implementation proposal – target group, purpose, production flow
- 3 month timeline towards implementation
- Reference if any (photos/moodboard – in PDF / JPG format)
How to win
- 20 submissions will be shortlisted within the 3 categories
- Last day of submission: 30th November 2022
- 3 winners will be selected and announced at the finale event in Kuala Lumpur
- Winners will be notified via email
What you can win
- Seed fund worth RM5,000 for each chosen 3 winners
- Mentorship program under Biji-biji
- Digital Entrepreneurship program under Mereka with allowance and work placement opportunities.